Tuesday, October 24, 2023

A Sudden Breeze


Travelers Caught by a Sudden Breeze


By a sudden breeze
That enrings me like a small bell,
I am called
To receive a private, informal audience with the Moon
This night.

As my preceptor, she gazes at me
As I gaze at her,
Neither of us speaking-
Just a long hush between us.

We sit loosely cross-legged,
Experiencing completeness.
No thoughts come to either me or her
In the afternoon we share.

I have no questions.
She has no answers. 

Notes:  Shoken: a private audience with a Zen abbot or preceptor.

Agura: sitting in loose, cross-legged meditation.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)