Friday, July 16, 2021

I Refuse to Submit

 

I will never submit to facial recognition

Nor to electronic fingerprinting,

Of having my bodily identity

Uploaded into a political data grid.

 

Not the soul in my face

Not the soul that reaches down into my fingers

To be profiled before the electronic surveillance State

As its programs calculate and determine

Whether I am a docile sheep

And without dissent support it.


I will not be led from the stockyard

Of a totalitarian society

To the robotic abattoir of psychic slaughter

By techno-fiends whose machinations coerce

The diminishing terrain of a slender future

Where humans are driven through networked gates

And down automated ramps to their ruin.

 

If it ever comes to this

I would rather starve to death

Or freely by my own hands

Die with defiant courage.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)