Thursday, September 2, 2021

The Wand of Time



A huge bubble
Blown from the wand
Of time,
And so many tiny bubbles, too.

You gazed at your reflection
On its rainbow surface
And watched it break
In air.
There had been someone there. 

You went clapping at the air.
Clap, clap, clapping
And the past broke,
And the future broke, too.

But the present-
That never broke
But remained forever constant,
The one thing to persistently celebrate
With all your clapping.

The mirror moment
Of these delicate spheres
The only thing that ever seemed real,
And now that you have aged and grown old
You have seen so many bubbles pop
From the wand of time-
The past a dream and the future, too.
But in this present moment
You are like a child on holiday
From some timeless realm that awaits you,
And you clap yet after all these bubbles
Blown by the wand of time.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)