Saturday, August 5, 2023

A Knock at Your Door


On the other side
Stands an unknowable question.
 
You must answer it
Immediately.

To answer this door is to die.
To not answer it is to die.

What shall you do?
 
You must only go straight
To the door
And answer this question
Instantly
And not know the answer.

The present mind is of no use
To answer this question.
Neither is the past mind of use
Nor the future mind
To answer this unanswerable question. 

Which mind do you propose to use?
 
Baffled by everything
From the beginning,
The unknowable Question 
Meant absolutely nothing
And everything.
 
It’s only unknowable answer
Is giving one’s whole being to 

The One.
The Many.
The One and the Many.
Neither the One nor the Many.
 

 

 


 

Something at the Door

 

On the other side

Stands an unknowable question.

 


No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)