Wednesday, June 20, 2012

God I Loved



God I loved.
You,
I adored
You
More than anything
Created.
God, I loved 
You. 

You
Left me forever wanting only but
To roll in your arms
In the moonlight
Beside a mountain stream
As we lay on the grass
Inside an oriental wind like
A kiss

To stare at your face
Captured by the moon
In a frame of silver radiance
For me in awe to gaze upon
You.

More than anything
In this world
Since we were forced to part,
I have wandered, have drifted
Through places I knew with
You

In my exile, I picture your face, your hair.
I touch them,
And the memories become a mosaic
Of  you;
Your soft skin, your smile, your grin,

In an invisible lightning strike
The soul of
You
Comes rushing back to me
Of all our time together

Condensed as that sweet tang of orange juice
You
Poured into my mouth
From your mouth...
Such an ecstatic, arresting kiss
Could only be called the nectar of the gods...

I wrote this poem                      
When my love for
You
Was still such an absolute thirst
Inside the desert of my exile,
Doubling me over in pain,
My body and soul parched in excruciating drought,
And I drained the last drops of my love
Into a canteen of poems
I poured out about 
You.

God I loved.
You,
I adored.

You
Gave me life.
Your kisses were,
Sangmin, 
"More Precious Than Jewels".
The meaning they gave my life
Was all contained inside your Korean name.

Because of
You,
I loved 
The Creator
Even more. 

You
Made it possible
To say when I die
"God I loved
You”



No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)