Sunday, January 12, 2020

The Star in the Soil


The setting moon in the trees
The soft wind upon the jutting cliff
The stars in the sky and their dust in the soil
A river like a dream
Coming to the sea
In which all dissolves
In the illimitable sleep
Of the waves that toss on the shores
Of time
In which eternity plays like a child.

I am born into that river
And pulled toward that sea t
To succumb to an ocean of stories.
All I stand on now someday slipping away
In a forgotten dream
But the star in the soil endures,
That dust that can take any shape.
I ride its tail in a nebula spiral,
Dancing on and on across the universe...

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)