Saturday, February 1, 2020

My Mind, My Feet



My mind, my feet
My feet, my mind
And this street
Is me, both a passage and a dialogue
I am a thousand
And another thousand
And another thousand
Feet and minds
That stand this line
That have crossed this street before me
Thousands and thousands of feet,
This crowd of hermits
Laying a great distance before and behind them
Everywhere at once in this world.
Three thousand miles from the place
I once called
Home.
I cancelled the call.
No one was there.
They said I left with no forwarding number.

I know no home, I own no home. I owe no home
Anything.
I owe everything to my feet
And everything my feet
Touch
Is me!
I call wherever my feet go, home. 

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)