Monday, September 2, 2019

Interview with Saturn



Ravished stone, argument of flies
Exegesis at the end of  a day of all that came and went
In palaces of questions.
Dawn on eyelids forgotten.
Cascade of the Unknowable.
Saturn howls through outer space.


I’ve passed through triumphal arches I’ve never seen,
Crossed over bridges in places I’ve never been to
In search of life.  The path forked.  Saturn stood in the way. 
The present moment
Calcinated my childhood into a smoking ember of memory
And the saturnine chain of days blurred...


In a room in which I sat being interviewed by the planet Saturn
My mood grew black, but I was ringed with rainbows
The walls collapsed and so too time. The world was half-opened.
I thought that I had seen life.  I had seen death.
I had seen the make-up on the face of the feminine everywhere,
And all the jewels and rich clothes adorning the skeleton.
I had seen both liberation and bondage, but neither were of me.
I was only attached to now like a tree to its roots
As the corpse of the second and minute was disinterred

In a fireworks display of colors
Saturn and the universe rushed at me
As I walked into outer space feeling for the first time how
Age brings a strange peace knowing that it is almost over,
The dead feel embarrassment for how they used to pray for life


I told Saturn, who, ill-aspected, turned in retrograde
That all this time that has passed is actually quite something
In its duration now, that I’ve actually been doing this
For quite a while now 
And that I am grateful that the pain and ignorance of youth,
Which it sponsored,  will never return

 

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)