Tuesday, September 24, 2019

The Face Of The Storm


In the face of the storm you do not hesitate
You have observed it mounting on the horizon.
It comes for you now.
The force of this storm that sends the trees fleeing
Down the avenues that recklessly diverge in the wind,
The wind that one names “God”,
Which is the name of everything.
The wind of non-condition
In which everything is engulfed and extinguished,
The darkness across the vast plain of  night,
Starless and moonless. 

In the face of this storm you do not hesitate
For yours is the face in the storm. 
You calmly enter it just as it reaches you
Centered in the thought of no-thought,
Aware that all things are of the substance of this wind,
Neither this nor that.
There is one visage in the clouds,
God and yours.
Your blood sinks back into its source,
Everything.  
This wind sweeps the world from your senses
That scatter like withered leaves taking to the eight directions.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)