Thursday, April 30, 2020

At Day's End



At day’s end
The river reaches the sea
And not until then.

At day’s end
River and sea amass with the sun
In a conflagration of fire and water
In a tremulous swell that hovers, vibrates-
In a tremulous swell that wavers and hesitates-
In a tremulous swell that can no more linger-
In a tremulous swell that can only take wing
At sunset as the edge of waves roseate and gold
Begin to darken

Here memory captures the substance of the day
Which is written deep in the core of the subconscious,
Which is written in the clouds. 

Time and water, a vagrant team
Roll out their beds of waves
Calling the shore home
As the world becomes deeply quiet
At the outskirts of twilight
The sky breathes out a retrospective of clouds
That streak across the face of the waters,
A mirror of the heavens
As the moon rises

You enter the stillness,
Enter the point where the river meets the sea ,
Where all the currents of memory join.  

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)