Sunday, April 26, 2020

(Drunken Moment)



Drunken moment
Slurring its second, butchering its speech
Leaving its tortured sentence
To be completed by the next sotted tongue
Of time.

Time’s intention never clear.
Its point never attained
Its meaning left hanging.
Whatever it was trying to say,
It can’t get it out.
Moments fallen into the stupor of oblivion.

My mind drunk, too
But not as drunk as time.
I parse this conversation
As time tells me
To catch up with it.
I take another swig of seconds.

Eventually, at this rate,
I will fall into oblivion, too.  
I complete the context
Of what time is trying to tell me. 
It’s completely up to me
To discern what time is desperately
Trying to tell me.    

But the whole universe is drunk.
Time and space inebriated
And the word that must be heard
Slurred.
The world a blur in a stupor.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)