Saturday, April 11, 2020

The Rope of The Dead


I want to follow
The rope of the dead
To its end.
I want to follow
That incomprehensible weave
Of flesh and fleshlessness,
I want to follow
Those taut, twisted fibers of fire,
Those ligatures of stars
That bind and unloose space and time
Leading to the mystery
Of spectral hands and eyes
On the other side
That hold this rope
Across the void

I want to speak out to the dead
And tell them my sorrow of living
I want to tell them that
I need to transform my life
Before the iron law of the mire,
That I want to pass on
To the other side
While still in flesh
By availing myself
To the magic touch of death
And rebirth
By drinking the rope of the dead
Someday

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)