Monday, June 10, 2019

Child's Carousel



Fourth of July, 93
Dedicated to the Children’s Park
In Golden Gate Park
San Francisco

The timeless children go gleefully round,
Turning brightly along the wheel's courses.
Mounted on the antique carousel's horses,
Spinning in dizzying circles of sound.

The long enchanted ride 'round the center
Of music, each cycle building in time,
Galloping and lifting as they enter
The ancient storybook of fragile rhymes.

Transformed by a touch with the fantastic:
Fabulous tigers, magnificent griffins,
Fine carriages drawn by swans and dolphins.
The flashing light and sound… wheeling… elastic.

A lyric playground of sculptured forms leading
Anywhere. The children longing to leap high
Into the air and break away on their mounts, speeding
Toward cloud castles far off in the sky.



No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)