Friday, June 21, 2019

The Edge of Intersections


 














Like crossed swords  
By which pedestrians and drivers
Are bled white and driven through,
Waiting forever to move,

A scene arrives in an immense reflection
On these edges
Of a swift waving blade of light
Flashing off the bodies of cars. 

In the heat waves and white-yellow glare
Striking off of the streets, people, and buildings
These edges descend straight

Into the heart
Of the city
Like a sudden blows of swords

Coming down inside the eye brought down to its knees
Along the long line of avenues and cars as far
As sight can see.

Intersection after intersection leading
Anywhere inside the tangled maze of the city
Transfixed by a vision of the terrible so sublime

That the eye pierced by the scene
Must close because it is too harsh and bright
And blood needs to replenish inside the heart and mind.



No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)