Saturday, June 22, 2019

Key To The Moon

Key To The Moon
By Jon Achilles Landon


Tumbling slowly down, a hawk’s feather fell 10
Out of the Sea of Clouds 10
10

And a pocket watch dangling down,
No longer able to keep time but only to sleep
And there inserted into the moon
Was a key that ignited the subconscious universe

Sly cat tracks across a marsh plowed
Lay in comic ambush
For a hapless bird that might drink there.



And tangled around everything
Was a spool of red blood thread
That spilled to the floor of my mother's sewing room
Where she sat knitting me for months and months inside her womb



A feather of cloud shred in the winds,
The cloud that broke the horse’s back.
An owl took flight and the night collapsed.

What had been indigo was now ultra-violet
And a mountain loomed in the distance, ever-silent,
While the world arose in unconscious rebellion.

And the watch ticked
And from what I heard it told Time
What seemed so transparently a lie.

But Time believed the tale, and from thereon recounted it
Again and again. Yea, Time reported it
From atop the tallest tower.

But it was all simple-minded madness,
And what was once a nursery rhyme was now history,
But that was just the massive, mechanical sound of
The turning of this antique key inside the lock
That ticked over the engine of the moon,
That mad woman at night
Raving in the sky from her attic
Who threw open all the doors in the heavens
And ran off nakedly into the night.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)