Sunday, June 16, 2019

Purusha and Prakriti


In the garden of a thousand and one unique flowers
That bed  him in blankets of petals,
Purusha awakes within the vision of awareness,
An aeon asleep inside His body,
Where he remembers from his dreams
That he was there aware, awake or asleep,
Of everything around him
And that he was none but that awareness.

It is then that the beauteous Prakriti, his consort, 
Laying gently beside him
Awakened from the same dream, saying
“It was but a night that we were asleep, my beloved.
I am hungry now for a breakfast of your kisses”.

And he, “though we sleep through eternity dreaming, 
You are a maiden still, your body the one 
Through which I have always known
The world and the heavens, regardless of time.
You are always as young as the bud of a lotus”.

And Prakriti smiles through the moon saying, 
“The awareness that witnesses what is happening now
Is the same, always unchanged, 
Through ten, ten thousands of years, yea,  mysteriously so,
But so plain, ordinary, and familiar
Before my senses, here and now”. 

And Purusha, “When I am with you at this source
Of  our place in the heart
There is only one face between us to witness eternity, 
But many kisses".

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)