Thursday, June 6, 2019

Velvet Wind


 
Streaming across shimmering ocean waters,   
Bright moonlight suffused those spectral daughter's     
Waxing on the high tide of quicksilver time 
In waves like sheer gowns of gossamer lines.          

A velvet wind wended from off the sea
Through the misty chamber of a hollow,        
Those daughters striding in lunar pageantry      
Of a windsong of spirits that follow.

And those shafts of moonlight that cut through
The trees were to me the very doorways
To an invisible theatre that blew
Throughout the forest into which I gazed

As I watched those daughters dance nakedly,
Dressed only in the velvet wind
In which I longed  to dance with them, achingly
As they blew away and their figures thinned

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)