Monday, June 17, 2019

The Magic Show



The sleight of hand; pulling rabbits
Out of hats, the woman sawn in half
Prey on the eye’s wonted habits
As the crowd once more foolishly laugh
At being deceived again and again
By the Magician’s tricks and feigns,
By the  skilled Magician who knows
Without spectators there can be no magic show

As this universe, one vast magical illusion
Deceives us daily while the world
Spins at 1,000 miles per hour, hurled
Through space on a ball of confusion
At a mind-bending 66 thousand
As Mother Ship Earth plows and
Plows through the depths of space
As we sit still in our chairs and relax
After another long day of travelling
One more leg of a year’s 600 million mile journey
Around the sun, that great golden stage light 
Who’s radiance lights the entire show for this world
As God juggles zillions of zillions
Of stars, moons and planets
In one hand and covers his mouth
And playfully yawns with the other

p

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)