Monday, June 24, 2019

Sojourns (Night Sea Journey)




Sojourns long and as a many
As I’ve wondered
What age might be
Have I taken at night
To glance into the glassy tide
Against the span of glassy sky
As I in the cold sand
Lie hand in hand
With my paramour,
The moon

Her blue-black hair
Twisting in clouds across
Radiant white cheeks
Tumbling past the fullness of her mouth
Leaning over to kiss
The blue lips of waves
That crashed invitingly
Before my feet

It is here as a youth on a night sea journey
That my soul came to search
For a destiny in this world,
To see if I could find the one thing
That I truly longed for: pure moonlight of thought
Overwhelmed by the tide, the moon,
The shore, the sky, the sea of fire
That burned within my chest
Like the beacon of a youthful survivor of visions
That tossed inside me like a bottle on the sea
As I waited for its message to wash ashore
For I was dying to know just what I had to say
And what it was I was supposed to know
From a voice and presence that was forever a distant mystery to me

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)