Monday, July 15, 2019

A Still Life On A Table




Pencils, telephone, receipts, and various assorted thoughts and confessions
Tarot tableaus, ointments, confessions
Only things that I know about myself in the roar of the still life
A one-time hoarder of pain and doubt fuming tears answered
In the dark streets of the umpteenth cringing thought
And cats in garbage cans pawing through scientific refuse, psychopathic whispers
Hello, , dice, coffee pots and the radiant city
The body is a suitcase packed and ready to flee to oblivion
And woman flesh in the darkness roils, trophies I never won smile in the far distance
Swallows of coffee keeps me going computers, change, keys, little birds in the air
I’ve carried across seas, clothing them in light airplane flights to hell
And gone.  You cannot transmute failure until you die.
So far the dice are in hand and I’m in the middle of the ocean.
Just another shitty day here.
And there are encrustations of loss I will never shake off. Never.
I invent virtue for myself in an empty room which is carried away in the night
Hate, wonder, lust, lots of lust like little bugs wandering on the table,   melted candles like imagery
Crawling upside down, wonder turned against itself.  I know I’ve not loved enough
Having not lived passionately enough, but there was never any love or money to do so
Bats at night have better sight than I, encased in lust, confessions on the table
In the light the secrets keep time, clothed in it
Cauldron of watches boiling into diamond seconds
Perhaps I will put a bottle of wind on the table tonight and paint blanks

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)