Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Daphne and Apollo


Mine fingers on these golden strings of sun
Glissade across the Earth.

Imagine them on your skin!

For thee I would play thereon
Philharmonias of stars!

Picture with thine ears such ecstasy!

Yet if thou couldst not endure such intensities
Merely simple lays of seas or gentle arias of mountains...

Oh, my little fugitive!  Why dost thou run?

Is it a chase thou wantest?
Listen to this fugue of endless clouds

Hearken this to thine breast too

A canon of giant waves
But this too, listen to the rondures of soft wind

That pursues thee

Oh, how I would touch thee
And this is how I would, my Daphne

I would play my music deep inside you

If thou wouldst only let me come unto thee
And hold you close, prophecy wouldst thou know
Yet how thou dost run!

If I  could only know thee deeply...

My  most supreme music is what I feel
When I gaze upon thee, little nymph
Yet how thou dost run!

And now that I’ve come to where thou art
Now how thou hast horribly transformed,
But thou will grace from now on the heads of great poets.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)