Thursday, July 18, 2019

An Open Door




This night, again
I peered within a corridor to see
More deeply into the vast architecture 
Of mirrors inside of me
Fluid mirrored walls reflecting
My mysterious heredity... 
Fluid mirrored walls reflecting
My mysterious identity...
My genesis rebounding into my ending,
Staring into helix corridors of blood and time.

Standing at the center of my full attention
Prismatic tableau of dimension,
Listening to my blood and breath
Banked and arrayed in limitless, unseen direction
The vast scale of forces balancing
The subtlest advance of thought, probing…

Nightly
Searching for an open door to another dimension
Of my Self
Of The One I
Wanted
Of The One I
Needed
Of The One I
Willed to manifest
As an Open Door
Inside of Me
Leading to the Truest Self, onward to Ipisisimus.

Nightly odyssey of  pure intent
The day's work blent 
In a strange concatenation of  dreams
To create a greater house to live in
To find the diamond key to enter
A magnificent manufacture
Of my imagination
In a blink of an eye of sorcery

And I could see waving coats of arms and portraits
Of great ancestral families incorporated in me.
I was all of them now, their circumference
Of blood joining the stars echoing in the mirrors
Descending into the frame of this Great House on flame
Within a moment's transparency of the death that filled it.
All the burning water whirling
Into forms from subtle to gross
Upon this wheeling breathscape enfolding
My attention centered in the mirrored eye of a storm
Whipping down the hallways of my vision
Lightning illuminating the skies of my moonlit future
As I searched corridor after corridor
For an open door to a dimension of the higher self

And everything within was on fire,
Not understanding that this conflagration
Was the prayer burning in this house from my spirit's candle
Caught in limitation, in perilous desperation,
Twisting doorknobs of my own irony and paradox
Frantically this way and that with all my might to find an entrance
Lining the walls of intuition as I roamed at night,
Trying to break the diamond locks of necessity
Enclosing the hallways of my ring-pass-not within my being
Which blocked the passage to this conversation
With the Holy Guardian Angel

And a voice I heard.  
But I couldn't make out words

I knew I had to find the sound because my sight failed in darkness
Only able to look in one direction at a time
But the sound was everywhere, surrounding me,
And my ears failed me not in this. 
I could hear in all directions

Placing before my soul in the blink of an eye
An invitation to enter one
The diamond key to open wide
Every door of infinity's being
Just inside the seeker balancing on the scales of time and tide
The forces of creation
Essaying the subtlest advance of thought
A bird shedding a feather, a wave's snap across a distant shore
A petal slipping from a rose, a star growing old
All falling, yet for each one another particle advancing -
The universe in constant balance

The silent voice of the spirit
Guiding me once inside this new arrangement of its abstract
Knowledge without words
Limning the joints and beams
Of light's mystery,
There to build from all of the enlightenment
Already accomplished within me

Stairways up and up into higher chambers
Leading me through prismatic tableaus of mind
To beautifully modify in stillness the interior of my being,
To stretch into further limitlessness of direction
Into the array of thought
Holding on to one thread of thought, freedom and enlightenment;
That space between two thoughts
Into no thought, no thing
Everything

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)