Friday, July 12, 2019

Ship Aflame




We have come full circle, back to our origin
With one question
Nearly impossible to say,
Its contents this voyage’s entire manifest
Resting weightlessly upon our lips
Unanchored, sails of emptiness       
Cast ablaze by flaming Eros
At the moment of completion.

A ancient bark engulfed in flame
A splendor burning on illuminated waters
Burnishing the sea, a Victory medallion upon the waters
Shared by the king and queen burning there
Within our names
When we whisper them in each other's ear
Are masts and decks on fire
The shout of flames upon the water
Carrying to shore, the hiss and crackle
Of our kisses, tongues gone down
In a blaze, the timbres of our voice consumed
Sinking beneath the waves
As a naked herald running endlessly
Toward the bridge of flaming dawn
Carries a message of speechlessness
To tell the world of this royal death
The scroll of names burned in crossing
This bridge which lovers cross
In one sentence of the manifest
Back to their origin
Buried in the sea of love
This question, 
"Who are You... My Love?" 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)