Sunday, August 11, 2019

2 Wedding Poems


                        I
Our deepest dreams, our real dreams
They move as we move, moving us
Receiving us...soothing us
As lovers each other soothe when they embrace

Turning back and melting in the gleam
Sparkling from their lips that leave
Them lost between dream and Dream

Lips that meet in long covenant
The lover for the Beloved
The Dreamer to the Dream coveted
Merging as the finite and the infinite

Silent in dreams more silent
Than the liquid, melding limits
Of stream and sea...clear and vibrant

As one these dreams, as one this Love
Moving as we move...moving us
Loving as we love...loving us
Holding forever onto dreams of love.

                      II
Be in me as the morning winds
That clear the indigo sky
And gently raise
The lavender and roseate shades
That blush on the lake cliffs
Until they shine,
Bluish-silver
On the still mirror waters

Have in me the joy and gladness
Of the sparkling lake
That burns silvery-violet
And when these colors fade
And the winds come slow
With night,
Moving in shifting circles

Be in me as the spirit of these winds
And the will of these darkening cliffs
And the mood of these contented waters
That sink beneath the quiet surface

Have in me the solace
Of the meditating moon and stars
And the remembrance always
Of the sun-flecked cliffs
And the sparkling waters
That surround us.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)