Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Who We Really Are


We come
Hard before each other
And look!

Our bodies
In the clarity
And completion
Of nightfall
See, they see

As though
They were  possessed
Of vision,

Able to find each other
Without the slightest difficulty
And what they see is
Mysteries and secrets

Something more than flesh,
They see reality undressed
Discerning
Something only dreamt of:
The sight of the veil of the soul

As if
When skin met skin
Became an eye running a gaze
Down the breast
Of time
Of which these bodies
Are made

A deep butterfly kiss seeing into
These bodies
That are the chrysalis
of Psyche

Brushing
Open a window of being
To lean the body all the way out
And see into the world
Of a lover’s mystery
Looking back with their body

Oh, the vision of their body!
Only our bodies
In the dark
Able to see
And understand
Who we really are
So nude and mystical...

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)