Sunday, August 18, 2019

Sun Bathing



This afternoon I saw the sun enter the water
Like a swimmer in need of cool, cool water
In the blazing heat of the day,
Looking for respite from being the sun
Looking for respite from having seen too much
In its life of the murderous day.
 
Tomorrow the sun will return to these same waters
To refresh itself and bathe all the grime of clawing fire away,
To refresh itself and bathe all the grime of  rankling earth away
To refresh itself and bathe in the transparency of pulsing air
To refresh itself and bathe in the invisibility of lonely night
To refresh itself and splash in its eventual extinction

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)