Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Circled in Timelessness




The clock seemed to have stopped.
I stepped - no -
Popped
From the room and returned

Forty minutes later
But in that time literally
Hours had passed on LSD

I couldn’t believe the clock’s hands
Hadn’t kept pace with my flight
But I had taken wings.
Flapping timelessly.
It was a foray into the axis of reality
And my consciousness was heightened as a cloud

And when I landed
Back in the room I realized
As I shuddered while I stared at the clock
Before my eyes

The simple, single, sincere bird
Is one thing
Though rare, rare as the air
Into which it points it beak
Toward the absolute
Singing to itself
And flying with none

To grasp this is not
So difficult for a moment, ah
But to contain this truth
For the rest
Of life
And be continuously
Circled in timelessness

Takes wings
Takes great love,
Takes great power
To love
One’s Self and love the Other,
This is the hardest thing I have seen that there is to do.
But the thing that must be done in order to be free.

To spread that love and power on
To others
Is to overcome enormous fear
Of what it means to be sentient
And to completely stand before One’s Self

The Self is an absolutely terrifying thing
Simple as breathing in a crowd of madness

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)