Tuesday, August 27, 2019

House on Fire


I am a house on fire
Down the road,
A Hawaiian town swallowed in lava
An ancient tower that falls in battle
A fool
Struck by lightning
I am a poem written by a drunk, ancient Chinese poet
Who still drinks beside the river in his poem.
I am an 18th cent. painting of a ship wreck
In  the style of the terrible of the sublime
I am an old philosophic poem written by a forgotten Roman
That exists only in fragments
I am the 24 hour long train ride from Qingdao to Hong Kong
I am an astronomical calculation of vast time and distance.
I am all the various paradoxes of Omnipotence
I am a poem that I struggle to finish


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)