Tuesday, August 13, 2019

The Body Is A River






The body is a river of light
Running a course of dreams
Passing through landscapes of star-lit memories.

The flesh we wear is constantly speaking here
These bones are articulate
The skin is pervious to space, letting in
The universe of language, the mother tongue of infinity

The foaming water is the dream we speak
When we awaken into dry, glittering air
Inside the terrain of ages
Sunlight brings it to vision

This arcane voyage down this river requires
We leave ourselves behind
Because there is no freedom in memory.
In the desert through which this river passes
Tears inside our memory are a waste of water.

Because there is nowhere we can remain for long
We must ceaselessly keep moving on
Because this body is a river of light
That simply must keep flowing and changing
Beyond its next unknown bend


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)