Friday, August 30, 2019

Of Abandonment and Gravity


          Of Abandoment And Gravity


Momentous descent toward the sudden center
Wings just as water –
Stones just as air –
Fire, sodden and deliquescing-
Mountains, a draft of wind.
Emergence of the quintessence
At every axis point of time-space,
An imploding cynosure
Of gravity’s abandonment to love…

The myriad things intent upon a whisper
Dissolving in a single heartbeat
A blossom of lightning in the blood
A spiral swiftly pulling a pearl's iridescence
Down to a shuddering point-
The long cry of earth to become gold.

August, 2019.        North Beach/Hilo, Hawaii


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)