Friday, August 2, 2019

Crooked Nail



The world seemed

A Chinese construction site
The sun
A manhole cover
The sky
Asphalt
The rain that fell
 A dirty, dark gray running gutter in the clouds
The streets and buildings
Like the pipes, ducts and sewers beneath
And a grid of low storm clouds hovering over the grid of the city
Like a mesh of electrical lines streaming madly from pole to pole,
Concealing the world

Walking through Taipei alleys
Between buildings
Into streets not really streets,
But riddles of a maze

Lost in a direction I'd committed to more than midway
In the hope that it led to somewhere I hoped
Might lead to some way out
From between the iron vice of shoddy buildings
Squeezed in tight next to each other, this scene
Pounded, beaten, packed down, trodden, flattened,
Crushed, trampled and compacted
That held me even tighter
So that  the hammer of days might pound me
Like a crooked nail gathered from
The filthy construction site of the world
And reuse me some other time.
My life has been thrown into a sack
With other crooked nails.
I was hit a faulty blow a long time ago
And not set straight in the wood,
Yanked out and tossed into a pile
Continuously I walked these crooked, bent streets
Of my mind in China and Taiwan
And I ached as if I been struck a sour blow.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greetings, My name is Jon Landon. I am a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. I I can write everything from Poetry to Technical Writing, I am a UC Berkeley Alumni ('88)